X was on the verge of growing out of his first ski jacket.
I loved the triclimate system. Hence, despite studying other brands, especially the funky Spyder ski jackets which came in X’s size, I was still keen on getting back the same old, safe and boring North Face. The problem was X required a size XXS but most sites only offered XS at best which would be too big for him.
I was not getting a good set of options too.
I had to keep changing and fine tuning my keywords till I had more varied results being returned.
I trawled through pages and eventually found what I wanted on a page 5 or 6. After checking that the website was legit and with a 15% Mother’s Day discount, I was sold. Literally sold.
It sure felt like digging for gold online! The usual price was US$170, marked down to US$102 and with an additional 15% discount, it was US$86.70. Given today’s exchange rate, it was probably S$125.
As usual, I celebrated my steal a tad early and had my order cancelled!! I had to use a US credit card with a US billing address. The order had to be shipped to the billing address. Horrors and disappointments!
I had to search deeper, find another website with a steeper price tag but hey, I hope we would get it, as in no more cancellation!
Spects of the new jacket:
Impenetrable moisture barrier to guarantee dryness.
Lightweight fabrics that help regulate body temperature.
Pairs with complementing garments for layering.
- 3-in-1 snowsports jacket pairs a waterproof shell with a removable insulated liner jacket
- [Outer] Waterproof, breathable, fully seam sealed
- Left-sleeve pass pocket on outer jacket
- Zip-in and snap-in compatible with complementing garments from The North Face
- Secure-zip side-entry hand pockets
- Internal velcro media pocket
- Key clip
- Powder skirt
- Adjustable drawcord system at hem
- Internal glove clip
- Goggles cloth
- Adjustable cuff tabs
- System map of features printed on interior lining
- ID label
- Internal hem-stabilization system makes it easy for kids to zip the front
- Right-sleeve pass pocket on [Outer Jacket]
- Fixed hood
- Heat transfer logo on front and back of shell
- Embroidered logo on front of insulated liner jacket
- STYLE: NF0A2TLD
- AVG WEIGHT: 906 g (32 oz)
- CENTER BACK: 23.5”
- FABRIC: outer: 75D 117 g/m² HyVent™ 2L—100% polyester micro-dobby
- FABRIC: lining: 73 g/m² 100% recycled polyester taffeta
- FABRIC: liner jacket: 73 g/m² 100% recycled polyester taffeta
- FABRIC: liner jacket insulation: 150 g Heatseeker™
- SOURCE: Imported
- GUARANTEE: Lifetime Warranty
This waterproof, breathable technology utilizes a polyurethane (PU) coating that consists of a tri-component, multi-layer formula for waterproof protection, moisture permeability and durability. It’s been lab- and field-tested to ensure the best possible durability and function.
- Waterproof Rating: 25 PSI minimum after 20 launderings
- Breathability: 750-800 g/m²/24 hours average